Courses offered by JCSE
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Programme - 2022
Many people working as professionals in the digital economy do not have formal qualifications in an ICT-related discipline. The JCSE offers a coherent series of Wits University accredited short courses that are aimed at equipping the working professional with a relevant body of knowledge and a coherent set of core skills. We call this the “Continuing Professional Development“, or CPD, Programme.
The CPD Programme is structured around two tracks:
- The Management Track: aimed at those who intend to develop their career as team leaders, project managers and thereafter into middle and senior management roles.
- The Technical Track: aimed at those who see their future in senior technical roles.
Dates for 2022
- Software Engineering Principles and Methods – 4 May 2022 to 15 June 2022.
- Software Project Management – 29 June 2022 to 10 August 2022
- (New) Digital Transformation Lifecycle – Starts May … 6 weeks . To be taught online via Wits Digital Platform
Courses Common to Both Tracks
I wish to apply for the JCSE's CPD Programme in 2022
I Am Prof Barry
I’m the overall coordinator of the JCSE’s Education and Training Programme. I have assembled a selection of up-to-date courses presented by experienced lecturers all of whom have had extensive practical experience in driving digital transformation in a South African context.