Google Cloud Platform Fundamentals – CP100A
This 1 day instructor-led class introduces participants to Google Cloud Platform products and services. Through a combination of instructor-led presentations, demonstrations, and hands-on labs, students learn the value of Google Cloud Platform and how to incorporate cloud-based solutions into business strategies.
This class is intended for solutions developers, systems operations professionals, and solution architects planning to deploy applications and create application environments on Google Cloud Platform. This class is also suitable for executives and business decision makers evaluating the potential of Google Cloud Platform to address their business needs.
None. Familiarity with application development, Linux operating systems, systems operations, and data analytics/machine learning is helpful in understanding the technologies covered.
Please bring your own laptop.
At the end of this one-day course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the purpose and value of each of the Google Cloud Platform products and services
- Explain the difference between Iaas and PaaS
- List the methods of interacting with Google Cloud Platform services
- Describe ways in which customers have used Google Cloud Platform to improve their businesses
- Understand how to choose an appropriate application deployment environment on Google Cloud Platform: Google App Engine, Google Container Engine, or Google Compute Engine
- Deploy an application to: Google App Engine, Google Container Engine, and Google Compute Engine
- Compare the Google Cloud Platform storage options: Google Cloud Storage, Google Cloud SQL, Google Cloud Bigtable, and Google Cloud Datastore
- Deploy an application that uses Google Cloud Datastore and Google Cloud Storage to store data
- Load data into BigQuery and query it